Permanent Supportive Housing

About 25% of our affordable housing units are considered service enriched permanent supportive housing and are reserved for households with one disabled family member. About 10% of the units are set aside for formerly homeless Veterans.


Homeless families are 2x more likely to have a disabled household member than the general population. AFH provides service enriched permanent supportive housing reserved for households with one disabled family member in about 25% of its affordable housing units.


AFH permanent supportive housing provides flexible and responsive services based on each individual’s need and ensure long term housing stability, including but not limited to, budgeting, employment services, children’s services, counseling-therapeutic, credit, and housing, crisis intervention, and eviction prevention. The program goal is to address issues that jeopardize housing stability and place adults and families at-risk for returning to homelessness.


American Family Housing utilizes the HMIS database to track and report services provided to clients receiving assistance in our Permanent Supportive Housing programs. Please click here to learn more about these reporting practices and your privacy rights.

Click here to see our Clients’ photo gallery

For more information on our Permanent Supportive Housing contact us at 714.897.3221.

To Get Help

If you are experiencing a medical or psychiatric emergency, or are in immediate danger, please dial 911.

If you are fleeing or considering fleeing a domestic violence situation please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1(800)799-7233 or TTY 1(800)787-3224.

If you have no place to sleep tonight, please call 211 for referral to an emergency shelter nearest your current location.

If you are looking for housing, please contact 211 for referral to an agency that can refer you to housing opportunities based on your income and needs.  While AFH provides both Transitional Housing and Housing units for rent, enrollment in these programs is routed through the coordinated entry system by dialing 211. This applies to our properties both in Orange County and Los Angeles County.

For other assistance please contact American Family Housing at (714)897-3221 or email us at